Friday, June 7, 2013

Swim Lessons

Back in December, David and I decided that Mollie needed to have swim lessons. With all of the water in our lives (the lake house, my mom's pool, the neighborhood pool), we decided this was a necessity for Mollie for safety reasons. Soon after that, we had to put tubes in Mollie's ears. We decided to wait until spring to start classes so that we could do the tubes in early January.

At the end of April we started lessons. Here is a picture of Mollie on the first day of classes.



The best part about swim lessons for me was that David wanted to be a huge part of them. We both got to go to the lessons, but he always got in the pool with Mollie for the actual lesson. I wanted to be there to see what they did so I would know what to do this summer, but I wanted David to get to be in the pool with her. She did so well and loved every bit of it.

She immediately wanted to get in and play. She started jumping in off the side and "swimming" to a rubber duck (her favorite part) to catch the duck. She loved it. She doesn't quite understand that you have to "paddle" and "kick" at the same time, but she will do them separately at this time.

Here are some pictures of her at swim lessons:


 
She loved swimming lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment