Saturday, July 9, 2011
Another scare
Well, I guess I should start with Monday. I woke up on Monday and was feeling miserable. I know this is a sign that pregnancy is about to end, but my doctor told me to come in when I started to feel this way. Since it was a holiday, back to the hospital I went. This time though I was admitted into the labor and delivery part, not the observation area. This was only because of nurse/patient ratio. I must say, it gave me hope that I would be having this baby very soon! They ran more blood work and found that one of my levels was elevated. To be able to induce, they needed 2 different tests to come back elevated. So, they had me do another 24 hr urine to try to find the other element they needed. The doctor on call was very optimistic and acted like he thought the urine would come back fine and I would be going home on Tuesday. I had mixed emotions about this because I wanted a healthy baby, but I also wanted to deliver this baby. They kept me over night, and my doctor was the doc on call for Tuesday in my practice. I knew this would be the determining factor to tell me if I was going to deliver or not. He walked in at 8:30 in the morning and said he was done with my pregnancy and I said I AGREE!! So, I was scheduled for induction to start later that afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment