Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mollie Ann Evanina is here!

I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to update everyone on what is happening in our lives. We have been so busy working to get some kind of schedule and just plain sleep.

On Tuesday, July 5th, they started the induction process. They started with cervidil to get my body ready to birth the baby. That process took 12 hours. At about midnight on the 6th, the stopped the cervidil and I was allowed to take a shower. After my shower, I was having contractions every 2 minutes and they were very powerful. They started Pitocin about 1:30 in the morning. I decided to get my epidural about 3:00 in the morning. This was probably the worst part of the whole labor process, but I knew deep down inside that it was all going to be worth it. There is no explaining what an epidural makes your body feel like. I kept saying that it felt like I was wearing a snowsuit. It made my legs so heavy. Once the shot part was over, it didn't hurt. I guess I had never thought of the process, but right afterwards I didn't feel the baby moving any more in my stomach. I started to cry because I missed this almost immediately. I was finally able to get a few hours of sleep through all of the nurses coming in and adjusting the monitors and taking my blood pressure throughout the night.

In the morning the doctor came in and broke my water about 8:30. My family slowly started to come up to the hospital and get ready for the birth of Baby Evanina. David's mom came to our house to clean it so it would be ready for a brand new baby. Throughout the day, the nurses would come in and check me. They predicted her to come sometime between 4 and 6. About 2 in the afternoon, my epidural started to wear off so they gave me another shot. They had to do it again at 4. About 4:40 the doctor came in and said that it was time to start pushing. My mom went out to tell the family, and they got me ready. When I started pushing it was just the nurse, my mom, and David in the room. Once the process was far enough along, the nurse called in the doctor and the other nurses because the baby would be there very soon. I probably pushed 3 more times. After an hour and a half of pushing we delivered Miss Mollie Ann Evanina. She was 6 lbs 6 oz. She was 20 inches long.  They put her on top of me right when she was born to cut the cord. It was amazing to see that sweet baby girl that I had been feeling move around for so long. She cried immediately and they wisked her away to start checking her vitals. It was the most amazing feelings that I have ever felt in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment