This week I decided to make a bunch of new things. I can tell I need to get back to work soon, because I am becoming quite the Suzy homemaker around here. So far this week I have tried homemade cinnamon rolls, stromboli, and egg mcmuffins. Tomorrow I am attempting crockpot bbq chicken and chewy granola bars.
So as I am getting ready to go back to school and David is leaving early in the mornings, I started looking for easy breakfast ideas. One of my favorite mommy websites (money saving mom) makes freezer friendly recipes each week. She made these McMuffins that she found on another website, and I thought I would try them. They were SUPER easy and are going to be easy to warm and go in the mornings. (Pictures are on the website attached at the bottom. As soon as mine finish I will post my own pics)
Ingredients:
12 large eggs
shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz bag)
12 english muffins
bacon or sausage (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the eggs in a greased muffin tin. Please the tin in the oven for 15-20 mins until the eggs are cooked throughout. While they are cooking, toast the english muffins. This can be done in the oven or toaster. Once the eggs are done, place the bottom of the english muffin on a cookie sheet. Layer the egg and cheese and then put the top of the english muffin on top. If freezing, put them in the freezer for an hour or two to release some of the juices. After the hour or two, wrap the egg mcmuffins in foil or plastic wrap and place in a ziploc bag. Reheat in the oven for 20-25 minutes or heated throughout.
http://www.macheesmo.com/2010/03/breakfast-sandwiches/
Tomorrow I will be attempting to make one of our favorite snacks in the Evanina house, chewy granola bars. I am also going to make crockpot bbq chicken. I will keep you posted with how they turn out.
No comments:
Post a Comment