During the past few weeks, I have decided to try a new recipe every week. I have those staples that everyone knows, but I am getting tired of just cooking those things. David and I are also working hard to eat in and save money. So, I have decided to put the new recipe of the week on my blog to hold myself accountable.I am always looking for new recipes... so please feel free to email me your favorite!
Here is the first one compliments of my friend Rocky... I tweeked it a little bit due to what I had in my pantry.
We served these with mexican rice. I am going to start taking pictures of the recipe. This one was gorgeous and looked DELICIOUS! It was yummy and will be added to the rotation of meals in the Evanina household.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas:
Ingredients:
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime)
1 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces enchilada sauce (green or red)
10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
Directions:
1- Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
2- Mix the enchilada sauce and can of diced tomatoes
3- Fill flour tortillas with chicken and small amounts of cheese and enchilada sauce mixture, saving about 1 cup of cheese and sauce to sprinkle on top of enchiladas and place in 9 x 13 baking pan
4- Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
I am SO trying this! Great idea posting a recipe to trade out! I may have to start that too!
ReplyDelete