Thursday, October 6, 2011

our first cold :(

Ever since Tuesday I just knew that something was up with Mollie. She was very irritable unless she was being held. She didn't sleep much and just wanted someone around her all the time. In the past couple weeks, she has become quite an independant baby. She will now play on her mat of toys or in her crib all by herself. (I attribute this to daycare.) So when she wimpered all day, I knew something was wrong. I thought that it might just be because we were at the lake and off her schedule. She woke up Wenesday morning just like her bubbly self. She played and played until it was time to go to daycare. (I like to call it school.)  She had a great day and was happy as could be when I picked her up that afternoon. Wednesday evening she started to choke. It was so scary. It was like she had some phlem in her throat and couldn't get it out. I called the afterhours nurse and explained all of the symptoms. She had a doctor (nurse practitioner) call me back and I explained all of the symptoms again. The NP said that it could be a lot of things, but that we should be good through the night. As I was talking to her, Mollie was having a coughing fit in the back of the car. I ran my finger through her mouth to get all of the spit out, and she threw up. GROSS! I know!!! The NP said this was a good thing and that she needed to get the mucus out somehow. She told me to get saline to squirt up her nose and that was about all they could do for a baby Mollie's age. When we got home, David and I worked together to do the saline. That was HORRIBLE and she thought we were the devil. Mollie was so mad! But it seemed to work. She had a couple more coughing fits throughout the night. She slept in her bouncy seat (upright just like the NP said) and I slept on the couch right next to her. It was a long night!

My sick baby girl :( She was so pitiful!


Supplies for a cold with a 3 month old!

When I woke up I decided I was going to take Mollie to the doctor just to make sure it was nothing more than the common cold. I have had friends with babies that had RSV and I didn't want to end up in the hospital. So this morning, Mollie and I went to the office. They diagnosed it as a common cold and said that it should last for 2-3 weeks. Then she said she would be fine for a couple days and probably get another one because she is at a daycare and they see everything! This could go through April. Fun Fun!!

She has been laughing and playing all afternoon. Maybe she is feeling a little better!


No comments:

Post a Comment