Sunday, October 2, 2011

Trying to get my head above water!

I have been back at work for 2 weeks! Every day feels like forever, and I can't wait to be at home with my baby girl. The first few days were rough for 2 reasons. One because I couldn't stand to leave Mollie with anyone else, and also because I was totally overwhelmed at work. During my maternity leave, I didn't ignore work. I did small things that could be done from home. I answered emails, called parents, and worked on paperwork. I can't imagine how overloaded I would feel if I didn't do all that. I felt so guilty spending my time off working, but I knew that if I didn't get it done, I would have been on OVERLOAD! I feel so much better about going to work everyday. I finally feel like I know what I need to do to be productive, and I feel like I am able to actually teach now.

Every day that I leave my sweet baby, I know that I am leaving her in good hands. David is so amazing with her in the mornings and on his Tuesdays off. He told me this morning that he can't leave her in her crib while he gets ready in the morning. He wants her right with him. His job is to get her ready for daycare and drop her off. I couldn't do that everyday, so he has decided he would do this for me. On Tuesdays, he takes care of her all day long. Usually they go visit people, run errands, and spend time together just daddy and Mollie. I think this is really good for Mollie to get days with each of us. I get to spend Sundays with her all by myself.

On Saturdays we have family days. We have decided that we are going to try to do something every week as a family. We know that things will come up, and we might not get to spend the whole day together, but we are going to ATTEMPT to spend a little time as a family on Saturdays. We think it is really important to show Mollie the importance of family even though she is too young to understand right now. We want her to grow up knowing that this is what we do.  Saturday is our only day that both David and I will be home in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment