Sunday, May 15, 2011

30 weeks

10 more weeks! AHH That is a scary sound, but so exciting! I can't wait for this precious little one to get here. I am getting more and more excited about it every time I think about it!

Last week I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day and have a strict "meal plan" consisting of 6 meals that I need to follow throughout the day. I have done very well and my sugars look very good so far. It is just something I am trying to get used to. At times I am starving and can't wait to eat, and then other times it is time to eat and it takes everything to eat the meal for that time. I am sure I will get used to it and each time I think about complaining, I know I am doing this for this precious human being growing inside of me. One positive is that I now have to go to the doctor each week and get a few more ultrasounds to make sure that she isn't getting too big. I am hoping she will turn soon. Last time I went, she was still breech... so hopefully soon she will decide to turn. I just don't want her to get too big and not be able to turn when it is time.

This past weekend was spent with my dad's side of the family. We got to watch my cousin graduate from college. It was so great to see everyone, especially the cousins that are from Colorado. I love getting to spend time with the family!

This week is my last week with my students. It is kind of bittersweet. I am ready for the school year to end, but I will miss my 5th graders so much. One of the perks about my job is having my students year after year. I get to see them grow and mature throughout the years. It is amazing how far some of them have come since I started teaching them. I know they are moving on to bigger and better things, but they have been "my kids" for the past 4 years. Many of them I have had since they were in 2nd grade. So, seeing them move to middle school makes me so happy, but will make me miss them. I am so proud of who they are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment