Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2 months! Time flies!

LIfe is flying by lately! I can't believe that it has been 2 months since Mollie was born. Today we went to the pediatrician for her 2 month checkup and shots. I made sure to schedule the appointment when David would be home so he could go. I didn't want to watch during the shot part. I can't even stand getting shots or blood taken from myself. I didn't want to see it for my daughter. She was a trooper though. She had to get 2 shots and one oral vaccine. She did great with the oral and then screamed bloody murder during the 2 shots. I think it was mainly because David had to hold her arms down while the nurse had to hold down her legs. HORRIBLE!! After the shots, she cried and then fell asleep immediately. All night she has cried every time she has been awake and we touched her legs. Poor baby! Our next appointment is at 4 months and she has to get the same shots. I will be taking David again... I can't imagine going on my own.

Two Month Stats

Weight: 10 lbs. 4 oz and the 40th percentile
Height: 21 3/4 and the 25th percentile
Head: 15 and the 25th percentile

Feeding: Mollie is now eating 4oz every 3 hours throughout the day. She finally gets the eating thing and can't wait to eat again!
Sleep: She still sleeps for about 3 hours at a time when sleeping on her belly (during the day-- and I promise we are watching her), and about 2 hours when on her back. She loves to sleep in her swing or on a pillow next to me on the couch. Last month she was sleeping 2 1/2 -3 hours at night. All of a sudden we started getting 8 hours about 2 weeks ago!
Activity: Mollie loves her activity map right now. When she wakes up in the morning, after eating, I will put her on her mat for about 15-30 mins. She coos and laughs at the different toys hanging down. She will swing her arms and hit the different toys over and over again. She will move her head towards noise and loves to smile. She loves to lay to watch the fan move and watch TV (especially when there is music on). I am not really sure what she can see and we don't let her watch it all day, but she loves to sit on our lap and look at the television.

Soothing: Mollie now gets swaddled every night before she goes to bed. She loves bath time. She is still loving her pacifier, but is quickly finding her hands and trying to get that thumb in her mouth. It hasn't quite made it, but she is getting closer and closer.  

Milestones: Mollie is meeting all of the milestones for her age. She is cooing and laughing all the time. She can lift her head at a 45 degree angle when on her belly for tummy time. When we are holding her, she loves to stand up and look around.

Clothing: Mollie is finally fitting in size 1 diapers. We were between sizes for a long time. She is wearing some size 0-3 clothes, but still fits into most of her newborn outfits.

Here are some of our favorite pictures from the past month:




No comments:

Post a Comment