Monday, September 5, 2011

Loving being a mommy!

As I grew up, babies were always something that were around. When you come from such a huge family, you can't help it but always have a baby in the family somewhere. I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, but never knew just how happy it would make me. I never knew how much love someone could have for a little thing that only eats, sleeps, poops, and cries... now really she does so much more than that, but that is what you think at the beginning. I can't remember life without her. (I do remember pregnancy... and am glad I am getting a break from that...), but I can't remember not having this sweet baby on my mind.

Many days I think of my life at this time last year. I was turning 28, just newly married, teaching "my kids" at school, a husband that traveled all the time, and loving life. I had constant weekend plans that involved some sort of party, boat ride, trip somewhere, or something fun. Now, my life consists of a husband that is home every night, spending time with my daughter, and trying to be a good wife and mommy. My weekends consist of a usual trip to my mom's house, spending time with Mollie, and soaking up Saturday with David since it's his only day off. Life is so different, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Now, don't get me wrong, I do miss the free lifestyle I used to live, but know that life is changing and soon I will get a break... I am just soaking up every minute with my little girl right now. She is already growing up so much.

Mornings are my favorite time with her (even if it is at 4 or 5 in the morning). This is when she is the happiest. I love watching her learn to do new things. As I watch her playing on her mat on the floor, I see her talking and laughing (cooing) to her friends hanging from the rainbow above her. Just a couple weeks ago, she would lay there and I would look at someone and say now what.... I can't believe that I am wishing her to grow up faster, but I can't wait to see what happens next. She is already growing so much.

It's amazing how God will put something in your life to remind you how wonderful He is. He reminds me every day that I look at this sweet baby girl. I am SO lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment