Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Recipe of the Week: Fried Ravioli
So I missed my recipe from last week... I made new things, but I have some tweeking to do before I post them on here...
This week I made fried ravioli. I saw the recipe on Everyday Italian, one of my favorite cooking shows on the cooking channel. Giada was making this recipe and I thought, "I can do that!" It was so easy and will definitely be the dish I bring to school during Christmas time.
Ingredients:
Pre-made Ravioli (I bought the Buitoni kind because it was on sale)
Buttermilk
Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
Oil (we used a mixure of olive oil and peanut oil)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Marinara Sauce
Directions:
1. Pour the oil in a medium skillet and let it get hot.
2. Dip the ravioli in the buttermilk to coat, wiping off excess milk.
3. Then cover the ravioli with breadcrumbs.
4. Once oil is hot, (Sprinkle breadcrumbs in the pan, if they rise to the top, the oil is hot enough. If it doesn't rise, wait and try again.) place the ravioli in the pan. Once they puff up and rise to the top, turn them over and allow them to crisp (about 4-5 mins total)
5. When finished, put them on a plate with a papertowel to pat off excess oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Serve with marinara sauce as an appetizer or a light dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yum! those look delicious! I think I'll have to add that recipe to my collection!!
ReplyDelete