Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mollie's "Ba"

I feel like every time I look at Mollie lately, she has grown. My little baby is quickly becoming my big girl. She is so independent, asks for help, and wants to help with everything. David and I have been talking about getting rid of the pacifier. Everyone is ok with this big change.... EXCEPT ME!!!!

The pacifier is the only thing I have left of her being a baby. I know there are lots of reasons why the paci needs to disappear -- she is becoming dependent on it, her teeth are coming in, and she REALLY doesn't need it. All of these are reasons that I understand and would totally tell another parent. I just can't stand it! I am just so sad.

Last night I went to dinner with a friend. David laid Mollie down for bed without a pacifier. I was proud that she went to sleep when I heard the story. She woke up at 3am looking for her "ba". I just couldn't do it! I had to go give her to it. I guess we can see that I WON'T be the disciplinarian around the Evanina house.

We are trying again tonight. We will see how she does without the paci. I hope that she will make it through the night and this "ba" won't be needed in our house again. I just want her to stop using it, without me having to take it away from her. :(

She has been crying for 15 minutes... I know I can't give in, but I hate having my baby cry.

Off to watch Duck Dynasty and try to forget that "ba"....



No comments:

Post a Comment