It was over a week ago that we finally stopped using the paci, or as Mollie calls it "ba". She has done very well with it overall. She does still ask for it in the car, but instead I say "ba's are for babies and you are big girl." Then we turn up the kid songs and I make sure it is a song she knows. She forgets all about the "ba".
Ever since last Saturday she has been waking up between 3 and 4 in the morning. That makes for a very tired Mommy and Daddy. It is like having a newborn again!We are not opposed to the cry it out method. In fact, that is the method we have used since she was a tiny, little baby. So, we will let her cry for about 15 minutes and then go in and check on her. Every morning, she is wailing until someone comes in there. (Even if it is well after 15 minutes.) We go in, bring her downstairs, try to rock her back to sleep, and she refuses. Sometimes she asks for milk, usually asks for Toby, and then wants to watch Barney. She is well aware that her shows are on at that time of the morning. UGH!
David and I alternate our nights up so that one of us can get sleep and the other is up. However, since I wake up at 4:30, we are all up very early! As much as I hate getting up that early, I do enjoy my time with my girl. I have really missed her since I have been back from Christmas break. (Not that I don't miss her other times. It just seems like more and more now.)
I think that she used to use her paci to self-sooth and we have taken that away from her. She doesn't have anything to use now, and that is a problem for all of us. I also think the move has been hard on her. She isn't used to staying in the room she is overnight. I think when we consider all of these things I can't help but feel bad for her. I do give in and give her the milk, tell her Toby is still in bed sleeping, and that Barney will be on in a minute. Then we cuddle on the recliner and enjoy each other's company. She is still and will always be my baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment