As a new year begins I look back on the last year. 2012 was filled with many good things.... weddings of friends, births of babies, another year at my fantastic job, a marriage that continues to get stronger, and my baby growing into a little girl.
As I decide what my resolutions for this year are, I think about things I put in place every year that last for the first 6 months and then fall away as I get busy or just plain forget. So this year, since one of my resolutions is restarting this blog, I am going to write them here. I will be held accountable through the blog and will have something to reference in June when I have forgotten what I said I would do.
1. Blog: As the years go on, I would love a picture journal to have of Mollie growing up, life lessons learned, and fun things that we have done as a family.
2. Make a family day once a month: With David's schedule being so opposite of mine, we rarely have days that we are both home and able to something as a family. We have decided that once a month we will do something as a small family. This day will be scheduled at the beginning of the month. We will put it on the calendar and will make sure to clear our schedules.
3. Mommy and Me journal: My favorite website is Pinterest! I love to see all the fun things to do. So this year, I will start a journal to Mollie. I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided I had to do it. I will share with her the things going on in her life, my feelings, and let her know about the fun times we have as she gets older. It is my intention (remember I have great intentions but forget to continue them) to continue this as she gets older and allow her to write me back. On Pinterest, the mom would write in it and put it on her daughters bed. When the daughter got time, she would write the mom back and place it back on the mom's bed. I LOVE this idea... now to just remember to do it! I think I will since I am so excited about it. I am headed out tomorrow to buy the journal for the year.
4. Date night: Lastly, David and I will have 2 date nights a month. One that he chooses and one that is chosen by me. I think this will be a lot of fun! This is what we got each other for Christmas. Since that time was so crazy because of moving, we decided this would be perfect since we don't have a lot (I mean any) alone time. I have a friend who did this with her husband and had a great time planning each date. We are sure the grandparents would love to help us by watching Mollie.
I know this is a lot of resolutions, but they all boil down to 1 thing. Spending time with my family and sharing about it. I am so excited to make a true effort to spend time together and take pictures of the fun times together.
I can't wait to keep you posted on the fun things we have planned! I can't leave without sharing some cute pictures of my sweet girl...
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment