Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bedrest.... again

Yesterday, David and I went to the doctor for the weekly appointment. I have had 2 good appointments before this one, so I was under the impression that things were going to be great! Within the past week, I have swollen tremendously and have been very uncomfortable. My hands hurt and my feet look like oompa loompa feet as the day goes on.

When we walked in they checked my weight... gaining 3 pounds.... most of which I think was because of the swelling. Then the nurse took me back to the room to check my blood pressure. It was really high! The doctor came in immediately and sent me to the hospital. He told me that he was diagnosing me with preclamsia. This is high blood pressure and can have some horrible reactions on my body as well as put the baby under stress if it is not treated. Immediately, I cried and called my mom to come sit with me. David had an interview yesterday and I didn't want him to miss that!

When I got to the hospital my blood pressure was high still!!! They had me lay on my side and my bp came down tremendously, but whenever I would roll on my back, it would go right back up. Finally, after a few good bp's and blood work, I was able to go home. I am now on bedrest until Tuesday. At that point I will go back to the doctor and he will check me again. Then we will make a game plan of the next steps. I will be 37 weeks on Wednesday and he said before I left yesterday that I would probably deliver between 37 and 38 weeks.... SOON!!!!

I am so excited to meet my little girl, but I just pray that she is healthy and ready to come! She has been moving so much lately and I know that is something I will miss once she is here. I love feeling a tab and a punch, knowing she is alright. I know that I will be in the best of hands once we make the decision of when to have her (even if it is early...)

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I will update throughout the weekend if needed and will definitely update after the doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment