During the past few days the pregnancy has gotten a little crazy. In my last update I discussed having to go to the hospital for a bunch of lab work and being sent home and put on bedrest. My goal was to make it to Tuesday before having to go to the doctor again.... I didn't make it. On Monday, I woke up with a bad headache (one of the signs they had me watching for). Then, about lunch time, I started to feel really dizzy and just not feel good (more signs). I decided to eat lunch to make sure that it wasn't my blood sugar, but the feelings continued. I called the doctor and they got me in to see him that afternoon. I walked in, they took my bp, and then sent me back to the hospital for more blood work and to monitor my bps again. The doctor is very worried about preclamsia. This could be very detrimental to myself and the baby, so the fastest way to get results about how my body is acting is by going to the hospital for the blood work. I must say that I have had some fabulous nurses at the hospital and have learned about how they do things. I feel very confident to have my baby at this wonderful location. Anyway, my lab work came back normal (good), but I was still feeling bad and my bps were still high (bad). The doctor decided to have me do a 24 hour urine test and keep me over night just to monitor everything. I do love being hooked up to the fetal monitor to hear my little one moving and kicking around in my belly. I know that is something I will miss greatly! The baby is doing great and is looking just the way she should on all the monitors. She is active and has great blood pressure. The doctor is very pleased.
The doctor ended up sending me home on Tuesday morning with my 24 hour urine in hand and told me to keep collecting at home and he wanted to see me on Wednesday. I went home and was on STRICT bedrest and was only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom (which was about every 30 mins because of the amount of water I was drinking) and to take a quick shower. I couldn't make a sandwich, fold the laundry, or take the dog out. I followed doctors orders to a T. I must say when 5:00 came on Tuesday and I no longer had to collect my urine, I felt LIBERATED!
On Wednesday I went back to the doctor. I now walk in and they all know me. I have been 3 times in one week. Once we got there I did the normal routine and my bp was checked. It was finally GOOD!!!! No hospital this time. I have never been so excited in my life. The doctor has put me on STRICT bedrest again and is going to see me again on Tuesday as long as my urine comes back with good results. He told me that if I don't feel good at all to call and they will admit me right away. We are at the point now that if my bps continue to be a problem they will induce labor. I am really trying not to let this happen, but know that I need to do what is best for me and the baby. When I go on Tuesday, we will make a plan for the next steps. It may be more bedrest, or it may be to schedule a delivery date.
For those wondering about the interview, David was called back for a second interview today. He has some demons in his past that are not helping him get this job, but both of the top bosses LOVE him and want to give him the position. Please continue to also pray for him as they make their final decisions about him being employed in their building. We really feel like this would be a great place for him to work. It is a center that houses and rehabilitates brain injured men. With David's injury, he understands what these guys are going through. He feel thankful that he is completely healed from him injury, and that he might have the ability to give back. He would be doing maintanence around the facility. We are praying hard that God will answer our prayers and allow him to work here. This would keep him in town, which would put so many of our stresses our of our minds.
I know that we have some great prayer warriors out there and appreciate all of the support! David and I can't wait to meet our angel, but know that she needs to bake as long as possible so that she is ready to greet the world. Please continue the prayers and I will continue to update.
No comments:
Post a Comment