This morning I had my 33 week appt. I was pumped and ready for him to clear me to take our family trip to Charleston. He wanted to make sure that my blood sugars and blood pressure were ok before saying that I could go on the week long trip.
I got there and was called back immediately (my favorite thing about my doctor). The nurse did the normal checks. I hadn't gained any weight, my urine count looked good, and we headed back to the room to check my blood pressure. She looked at me and asked why my heart was beating so fast. Of all days, I was calm and collected when I walked in for the appointments. Usually I am a nervous wreck about the doctor. She said that the doctor would recheck me when he came in and to think calm, relaxing thoughts. When the doctor came in, he checked the baby and said she was still breech, but that she was good in there. He said that if my blood pressure didn't come down before I left the office that I had won a trip to the hospital. All I could think about was my dream from this weekend (see previous post)... I was not going to let that happen! My BP was down enough that he sent me home, but ordered me not to exercise or do anything that would cause stress on my body. He ordered a bunch of blood work (4 tubes of blood) and told me he would see me again on Friday. So... I have propped up on the couch and will watch TV until I go back on Friday.
The doctor decided not to schedule a c-section or try to turn her until week 36 at the earliest. He said that she seems to continue to have plenty of room... seeing that she has turned a full 180 in my stomach in the last 2 weeks. Her head was facing the right side of my body last time I went to the doctor, but now it is facing toward the left side of my body. She is just rolling around trying to find a comfy spot. Hopefully, her movements will not be an indication of how she is later in life...
I will update later this week and let everyone know the latest information.
Thank you for all of the prayers and concern. We really appreciate them!
No comments:
Post a Comment